limited company ignoring court judgement against them

Well it looks like you’re owed more that £750, so you could go for a winding up order – that always concentrates the mind. If the company’s worth nothing then that could backfire on you though.

If you maybe know a large customer of theirs that’s likely to owe them a lot of money you could get a third party debt order and claim your money direct from their customer.

Your best bet’s to get some proper legal advice.

Posted under Late Payment, Legal Issues

Posted by Alec at 3:14 pm, July 1, 2008

1 Comment so far

  1. Alec added on  July 2nd, 2008 at 09:06

    They can’t wind up the company without distributing all available funds and assets to its creditors. If he transfers assets to a new business without putting the original business into administration you can have the transaction reversed, that’s the theory anyway.

    If the company’s so insubstantial that you believe he may wind it up to avoid payment then you’re going to have problems getting your money whichever route you take.

Leave a Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)