Van Driver CPC

The ‘L’ in LGV is for ‘Large’ Goods Vehicles, not ‘Light’ Julian. 10th September 2008 for PCVs, 10th September 2009 for goods vehicles over 3,500kg. If the driver already holds a licence for the relevant vehicle category on that date then they don’t need the initial driver CPC and they don’t need to take the periodic training until 5 years later.

No mention of B+E in the Regulations so it looks like the Sprinter and trailer boys aren’t covered.

Posted under Uncategorized

Posted by Alec at 8:18 am, June 8, 2008

2 Comments so far

  1. Alec added on  June 10th, 2008 at 09:14

    You’ll only need it for vehicles which require an ‘o’ Licence. Only if you need an O licence.

  2. Alec added on  June 10th, 2008 at 10:34

    Dave, read it again.

    “If towing a trailer the maximum plated weight (ie the maximum loaded weight) of both the trailer and the towing vehicle and the trailer must be taken into consideration EXCEPT in the case of trailers weighing up to 1020kg unladen.”

Leave a Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)