Insurance help – EU cover

Martin, your UK insurance automatically covers you up to the legal minimum requirements throughout the EU and in countries like Switzerland and Norway. You don’t need a Green Card to drive in these countries.

The Green Card is only proof that you have the minimum inurance cover required to drive in the countries that are members of the scheme. Having Green Card cover doesn’t make any difference to whether your comprehensive insurance cover will operate as if you were in the UK – you’d need to check your policy documents for that.

I seem to remember that the standard policy from covers you throughout Europe as if you were in the UK for no extra cost. I could be wrong though, or it might have changed.

Posted under Insurance for Couriers

Posted by Alec at 8:22 am, May 7, 2007

Leave a Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)