Quote needed for daily work out of Wellesbourne, Warks

EMP Distribution Ltd

Your company seems to be a bit late in filing its annual accounts. Is there something to hide or is it more indicative of poor management?

Posted under Courier Business, Late Payment, Legal Issues

Posted by Alec at 3:05 pm, January 24, 2007

1. Alec added on  January 24th, 2007 at 21:07

We’ve not had a good scrap on here since ebullshittoday.com have we?

Seriously though, the ABSOLUTE minimum check anyone should be making before entering into long-term relationships with ANY limited company is to check that they’ve actually filed their last due accounts and Annual Return. As I’ve mentioned, I’m only aware of two possible reasons for late filings and neither would give me much faith in the company.

2. Alec added on  January 27th, 2007 at 15:34

Hardly unfounded. The company’s accounts are overdue, meaning the company directors have committed a criminal offence and that the company is liable to a fine.

The only reasons that I can think of for a company filing its accounts late are those that I’ve already given. So which is it?

3. Alec added on  July 11th, 2007 at 09:47

Alec wrote:

Still not filed those accounts I see. Seven months late?

I wonder why there are questions being asked on CX about this company.

4. Alec added on  July 11th, 2007 at 15:00

Quote:
    With your highly regarded reputation Alec you should be setting an example.

I do Jeremy. I make sure that the company I’m director of trades within the law, that our accounts are filed on time, that our debts are paid on time and that we deal openly with our suppliers.

I don’t hide behind the cloak of limited liability and act criminally, which is what this company seems to be doing.

I’m frankly fucking sick of seeing our suppliers, many of whom I count as friends, ripped off and forced out of business by cowboys with no regard for the law and no concept of ethical behaviour.

5. Alec added on  November 3rd, 2007 at 16:25