BT Phoneline – Aggh can someone help!!!?

You obviously didn’t explain yourself very well if they told you it can’t be done – it’s pretty standard stuff. If you want to stick with BT then you either need a proper phone system and multiple lines or ask them about Featureline and a ‘Hunt Group’ which cuts out the need for the phone system (but I hate it.). http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/linesandcalls/featureline

Posted under Telecoms

Posted by Alec at 11:13 am, January 24, 2007

1. Alec added on  January 24th, 2007 at 18:10

I assumed that as there’s a few people in the office they might want to transfer calls between them Mark. You can’t do that with “auxilliary working” lines (which is the BT name for it) connected to individual phones. Maybe that would be suitable for him though.

2. Alec added on  January 24th, 2007 at 19:15

Isn’t that what you’ve got already Matt – a business line with call diversion? They’re just including the rental element of the call diversion with the line rental – you still have tio pay the outgoing leg of the call diversion.

3. Alec added on  January 25th, 2007 at 09:03

I don’t think you can have Hunt Groups with Featureline Compact can you?

4. Alec added on  January 25th, 2007 at 10:36

That’s not a Hunt Group though, its an internal divert to the other extension surely?

Anyway it turns out Hunt Group working is available on Featureline Compact but it actually puts the price up higher than standard Featureline.

5. Alec added on  January 25th, 2007 at 10:48

I’ve already acknowledged that I made a mistake and it IS possible, although not practical, to have a Hunt Group on Featureline Compact. Where does call diversion come into it?

6. Alec added on  January 25th, 2007 at 11:53

Well I can’t see what benefit he’d get from 2 Featurelines that aren’t on a Hunt Group. Maybe I’m missing something though?

7. Alec added on  January 25th, 2007 at 12:32

I agree, it’s a great concept if you can put up with having phones all over the place and paying an extra £45/quarter for every new extension. I hated it when I had it though.
    The point I was getting at is that he needs calls to ring on more than one line on the same number so he’ll need a Hunt Group set up unless he sets up internal call diversions, which is far from ideal. Featureline Standard is therefore the best service for him, not Featureline Compact.