AMTRAK / NETFOLD LTD

Did you expect the new company to operate from a Portakabin until they could find new premises?

Posted under Uncategorized

Posted by Alec at 9:14 am, January 18, 2007

1. Alec added on  January 18th, 2007 at 09:19

I find the back bedroom more convenient James. Not as far to commute you see.

2. Alec added on  January 19th, 2007 at 17:19

By the way, no it isn’t.

3. Alec added on  January 19th, 2007 at 21:55

I think you’ll find that Ron Series has had nothing to do with Tuffnells for nearly two years and that Alan Jones has never had anything to do with Tuffnells.

4. Alec added on  January 19th, 2007 at 21:59

Just shows that you should never rely on corporate PR to form your own view of the facts.

I learnt that lesson 8 years ago Tim, I’m surprised you didn’t.

5. Alec added on  January 19th, 2007 at 22:06

Alan Jones is a very common name – nothing to do with ANC as far as I know – and also not the Alan Jones that used to be group MD of TNT – as far as I know.

Tim might know better than me – he has more knowledge of the ‘business’ arrangements of companies on the brink of insolvency than I do.

6. Alec added on  August 26th, 2008 at 22:09

UPDATE – 22nd August 2008

Joint Administrators from Ernst & Young LLP were appointed by the directors of Netfold Limited on 22 August 2008.

Netfold Limited trading as Amtrak, specialises in national and international parcel freight. The business is head quartered in Aldridge, West Midlands, and operates two distribution hubs in Aldridge and Warrington together with 36 distribution depots across the UK, employing over 900 people.

One of the Joint Administrators from Ernst & Young commented, “Amtrak has found trading in the current economic climate challenging. It is a business led by consumer demand and as consumer spending power has weakened Amtrak’s business has suffered.

“We are currently assessing the financial situation of the business, and as a result the collection and delivery of goods may be disrupted”.