OK lets have it

You get extra punishment because you should know better.

Posted under Courier and Freight Exchanges, Uncategorized

Posted by Alec at 4:03 pm, August 23, 2006

1. Alec added on  August 23rd, 2006 at 16:43

I quite agree Nigel. If a rule’s going to be enforced for one then it should be for all.
    To expand on what Mark’s said:- while we’re more than happy to pay our subs as a company, it’s slightly annoying to see some larger companies only paying owner-driver subs, while some ‘father & son’ type 2-man-bands have been forced to pay company subscriptions.

2. Alec added on  August 23rd, 2006 at 16:52

Mike, they’ve got sections where they’d like you to pay for recruitment etc and pay extra to be able to post your regular journeys. Why would they be happy to give it away for free?

3. Alec added on  August 23rd, 2006 at 18:43

….or they could nominate someone with too much time on his hands as a moderator.
    “Steve Hiatt – Chat Page Moderator” – that has a nice ring to it.

4. Alec added on  August 23rd, 2006 at 18:47

Surely Nigle would fall into your definition of ‘valued member’ then? ……and some of the people who seem to ‘get away with it’ don’t fit that description?

5. Alec added on  August 23rd, 2006 at 18:53

In fact look at some of the recent postings that are still on here: “LOOKING FOR MUTI-DROP DRIVER AROUND WARRINGTON AND WIRRAL”, “manchester to paris”, “Kirkby in Ashfield to Grantham Lwb….Anyone?” – without wishing to indicate any disrepect for the people that have posted them, they’re certainly of no higher ‘status’ than yourself or Nigle.

6. Alec added on  August 23rd, 2006 at 19:07

Well in terms of “putting the volume on and contributing to the ‘Network’ community” I’d have judged Nigle to be of as high a ‘status’ as anyone else – but then again I don’t really look at GTMs. Yourself – well you’ve helped me out in the past, you’re a strong “community member” with a good reputation and good standing in the ‘community’ – again I don’t know how many GTMs you put on, but do you think that really determines your ‘status’. I’ve got rid of maybe 20 jobs today using ‘Network’. I’ve only put about 5 GTMs on though – does that make me more or less ‘valued’?
    Do you really think ‘Network’ judge your Chat comments by how much financial value you provide to them? I hope not.